Always looking for “quick and easy plus yummy” recipes, I found a couple of recipes that I turned into this delicious dish! It’s perfect for summer lunch or dinner. Make a complete meal of it by adding fruit, make it part of a salad supper or just serve it on it’s on. Here is the recipe and my tips to make it great!
Ham and Cheese Pasta Salad
16 oz. pasta of pasta (your choice)
1 green pepper, finely chopped
8 oz. block cheese (your choice), cut into small chunks
¼ cup, finely chopped onion
1 cup mayo
¼ C. sugar
2T. apple cider vinegar
½ t. black pepper
½ t. dried parsley
Cook pasta according to the package. Drain and rinse under cold water until the pasta has cooled. Drain well. Combine mayo, sugar, apple cider vinegar, black pepper and parsley. Combine the pasta with the dressing. Stir in pepper, onion and chunks of cheese. Chill for one hour before serving. Enjoy!
- Use any type of pasta you like. We have just discovered this Garofala brand. It’s the best – don’t know what makes it better – we just think it’s better. They offer a great variety, too! Found it at The Fresh Market but my search to find the photo says it’s also available at Wal-Mart.
- I use green peppers because that’s what I had on hand. I love to buy the red/yellow/green pepper package at Publix produce. Wouldn’t that make it pretty?
- Sweet Vidalia onions are just the best!
- I used sharp cheddar chunks but it would be so good with any cheese. I want to try it with mozzarella.
- I bought the chopped ham in the package and used the whole package. It’s already chopped which saves so much time!
- The recipe say refrigerate for an hour so, refrigerate for an hour! I didn’t do this and it was yummy! The next day, after being refrigerated, it was yummier!
Hope your summer is off to a great start! Let me know if you try this recipe and how you liked it!