Peanut butter cookies are a favorite of mine! So… it was easy to say “yes” to a request for peanut butter cookies. It is my treat to bake my co-workers a treat for their birthday. When I realized that I actually missed Sam’s birthday, I offered to make her request. She said she loved peanut butter cookies! Works for me! I’ve made peanut butter cookies before, but I realized I didn’t have a “go to” recipe. I do now! A quick search for peanut butter cookie recipes led me to the “Best Ever Peanut Butter Cookies” from A Dash of Sanity. In addition to being soft, chewy, and delicious (my criteria for a really good cookie), I made this batch of cookies in less than 30 minutes. Perfect! Sam’s description was that they were “spot on”. We had a mini-party for those in the office at the time, complete with a duet of Michelle and I singing “Happy Birthday”. I knew this recipe was a keeper, though, when everyone had a second cookie and Sam left with the plate half empty (or half full – whichever way you see it!)
Best Ever Peanut Butter Cookies
1 C. cream peanut butter
1/2 C. butter, softened
1/2 C. granulated sugar
1/2 C. brown sugar
1 large egg
1 T. vanilla
1 1/2 C. plain flour
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking pans with parchment paper, if desired. Mix together peanut butter, butter, and both sugars. Beat until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together before adding to the butter and sugar mixture. Use a cookie scoop to place on baking sheet. Use a fork to flatten slightly and create a criss-cross pattern. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- Always use parchment paper. It just makes them cook more evenly and not as easy to burn.
- Pampered Chef cookie scoops are the best! 3 different sizes available! You can get them Here (The cookies in the photo are medium size). Tell Carrie I sent you!
- Don’t over bake if you want them soft and chewy!
- Yes, 1 Tablespoon of vanilla is correct!
- You can print the recipe from the link above. Trust me – you will want to keep this one!
- Make a batch for your family or to share!